Shipping and Freight Policy
You can trust that your order will be quickly processed and safely delivered. Please Contact Us if you have special delivery needs. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are additional so please inquire. Shipments outside of of the contiguous (lower 48 states) US will require special shipping costs (Prepaid and Added by us). Please Contact Us if you would like to learn more.
Always be sure to inspect the contents of your order immediately upon receipt. Never accept any damaged cartons from the delivering carrier.
Free Business Shipping in the Continental US for Online Orders.
If your order is being shipped LTL, meaning “Less than Load”, there are certain precautions to take when receiving your order to ensure liability for damaged product is on the carrier and not you. Once you sign the Proof of Delivery (POD), you are taking on full responsibility and liability for your product. It will be hard to prove that damage occurred during transit without proper documentation. With impending deadlines and impatient drivers, taking these precautions might seem impossible, but taking the extra five minutes will save you a lot of time in the long run if indeed your order was damaged in transit. Read through the following steps before receiving your freight in order to set yourself up for success.
1. Inspect the shipment
- Look for damage to the boxes: smashed corners, tears/gouges to the box, or water marks.
- Check if the pallet is 100% intact
- Look to see if “DO NOT STACK” cones are missing, removed, or smashed.
- Your box might have a tilt indicator to check. If it is blue, unacceptable tilting has occurred on products that must remain upright.
- Listen for broken glass or loose parts as the driver unloads your boxes or pallet.
2. Note any possible damage on the Proof of Delivery
- If you notice any external damage, note it on the POD.
- If you think there might be internal damage and you need more time to inspect it, write “Further Inspection Required” on the POD.
- If the shipment is severely damaged, please refuse the order. The carrier will take it back to the terminal and then ship it back to us for free.
- Failing to note any damage on the POD will result in the carrier denying a claim for the damaged product.
3. Sign the POD
- Please legibly sign the document so that your name can be referred to in the event of a claim.
- Check for any additional charges before signing. Additional chargers include things like a Lift Gate or inside delivery. When you sign, you are agreeing that the services were performed and you may be responsible for the extra charges.
4. If there are issues or you don’t know what to do, call us.
- Please call us immediately if you have issues with your delivery. We want to help as much a possible. Our phone number is 866-286-4400.
5. If a claim needs to be filed
- Damages discovered at time of delivery:
- Please refuse damaged items and they will be sent back to us. CSE will then enter a replacement order with an expedited ship date if possible. We will then file a freight claim directly with the carrier for reimbursement.
- Damages discovered after delivery:
- Whether you discovered concealed damages or just missed damages at the time of delivery, CSE will assist you in filling a freight claim with the carrier by providing necessary documents. You will be responsible for any losses that aren’t covered by the result of a freight claim. Most carries require concealed damages to be reported within 5 business days.
The more details you put on the POD the better. The product you are getting from Covenant Security Equipment is custom and not easily replaceable, so diligence in receiving your order properly will only be saving you time and money. If you have any questions or concerns about these receiving instructions, please contact us either by phone or email and we would be happy to help you.
Do you have a receiving dock?
Additional charges may apply for residential deliveries and those requiring a lift gate. This is a shipping estimate only. Shipping cost is subject to change at time of shipment.
· Lift Gate Service ($150)*
· Inside Delivery and Lift Gate Service ($250) as long as it’s first floor or elevator accessible location with no more than 3 stair-steps.
· 24 hour call ahead notification ($35)*
· Construction Site ($100)*
· Residential/ Multi level buildings ($125)*
· Government / Airport ($150)*
Additional Freight Costs for Custom Orders
We will add it to the total prior to processing. *estimated special delivery charges in addition to LTL freight—may vary. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and New York are additional so please inquire.